Friday, December 26, 2008

10 Days Before the Wedding

by: Karen

Well, it's 10 days before the wedding and time is ticking so what is up with the couple during this time? Below are the details:

First, was to buy the undergarments, our shoes, belt (for the groom) for the wedding day; and not to mention the never ending search for the bridal prep dress which eventually fell back into the usual bathrobe but still cute!(special thanks to my cousins who sponsored my wonderful pink robe).

Then, dressed with the ordinary and no extra clothes; off we went with our friend/photographer Melvin to Mall of Asia for our 2nd prenup with him (hindi naman kami addict sa prenup diba?!). It was heart-racing and wonderful experience to have a prenup pictorial again without being too posy and just being relax and enjoying the groove of things. Pati sa gitna ng kalsada mega-pose pa din kami! Kudos to Mel for the superb shots! Take a look inside the picture galleries.

During the night, We also had to wrap the Ninong and Ninang gifts which; thanks to my Mother was beautifully and artfully wrapped and yes, due to my bad handwriting I confess I had her write the dedication for the card. tee hee!

After which, was the surprise joint shower party for me and Bryan which was rather thoughtful of my Maid Of Honor Jules, Rache and Melvin for coordinating it even in such a short period of time. Even my longtime college friends and nursery friend was present there and of course, my mom and Ninang Malou was invited. It was a night filled with laughter with Melvin as the wacky host and the peak of the party was our Q & A; which of course had dozens of mismatched answers and the consequence was to eat the mischievously iced cake. Example: What was Karen's reaction when you proposed? Karen's answer: Excited! Bryan's Answer: No reaction. Sino ba naman hindi matatawa dun diba? Hmm... maybe I need to look more obvious. Haha! We ended so late; but had so much fun I loved the cake filled with icing and shaped like ehem ehem..I love the gifts; wore all the nighties already I think... ahahah... Thanks to everyone you made us truly happy! Pictures are in our picture galleries.

Third, Off we went to the Church to finally meet our wedding priest Fr. Juanito Arroco not just because we want a more personalize homily but also we would like to get to know more the priest who will be presiding and celebrating with us this special day; Father Arroco was a kind, sincere and comic priest. He truly appreciated us coming to him prior to the wedding thus; making a point that we are really taking our marriage seriously. Two things I have learned from him that is essential in marriage: Faith and Forgiveness. Our meeting with him made us value more this marriage and realize more the things that are essential to a lasting marriage.

Fourth, I had my last fitting with Mia Barlaan; lo and behold my gown was too loose (lost a couple of pounds these past few weeks) but since there was still time alterations were made and we were able to pick up the gowns by December 24th in the afternoon; all Dry Cleaned and pressed.

Last but definitely not the least; we met with our coordinator, Liza to finalize all the necessary details for the wedding. I can't thank enough having gotten a coordinator for the wedding as they took care of the RSVPs and call time and all the nitty gritty details you don't want to stress yourself on your wedding day. We ran through the checklists and made sure everything will run smoothly.

As we speak, we are checked-in at Dusit Hotel after confession at Don Bosco Makati and hours are ticking before the wedding day. Right now, I'm still not really nervous just pure happy,energized and excited because tomorrow is our Big Day and I will be forever with the one I love. Can't Wait! God Bless us all!

No comments:

The Couple

My photo
Philippines
The Sweet Silent SQL DBA meets the one-of-a-kind girl of his life. A wish come true...