Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wedding Preparation Details and Mishaps

by: Karen

Weeks before the wedding...

Months before the wedding I was still calm and laid back on the preparation, but since it's DECEMBER you may have been wondering how does it feel to be nearing the days before my wedding? Well, it's a mix of excitement, anxiety, joy, fear... it's a mix of everything! Especially being here in overseas and not being able to personally talk to the suppliers, go to a certain place, buy this, buy that, it's a kind of frustrating sometimes.

Luckily, my Mom went back a week ago to finalize and fix other wedding details. Invitations were already sent and other important information disseminated. For the gowns, especially Aling Violy's entourage gowns, I can say has been from poor to satisfactory (she made this mistake of switching the accent cloth as the main base for the gown. sheesh!!) and still waiting for the final output as we speak. I have no problems at all with Mia's gowns and gave me one good reason to sleep well at night.

For the church and reception, hmmm... everything seems to be going fine as we have already created the Misalette beforehand; but I am still waiting for the feedback on the song list. Kudos to my OTD, Liza Mendiola, who was there to answer my on the spot inquiries from reception games to photographer. Which leads me back to this supplier -- the photographer/videographer. Ultimately, we decided to make a change for reasons I don't want to tackle here (PM me if you want to know :-P ) but the good news is despite it being too soon we got a great find and a really really great one! Redefine Weddings! Their popular among the W@Wies and their ratings totally excellent! It was lucky their schedule was still open on that day (surprise! surprise) and Jayson was really heaven sent to be so accommodating and nice to us. It made me really happy that there's another reason I will be looking forward to on my wedding day. :-)

So what's the next step? Well, as they say no matter how ahead you plan there are still so many things to consider: Bible, Unity Candles (still to be decorated), matches (Yes! Even matches get to be popular come wedding day), pens (BIC would do right?), groom/bride's shoes, CDs for the songs, finalize the reception program, wrap sponsor's gift and souvenirs, and some more... There would be times I would wander and become too O.C. thinking of every bit of detail like who will give the ring to the bearer, who places what, where, how to know, who goes where... Well, you get the drift. But let things happen by themselves; nothing is perfect it's just how we view it that makes imperfect things perfect. The important thing is I will marry the one I love. Rain or shine, whether or not the matches is decorated or not (just can't get over with decorated matches) the wedding must go on.. :-) tan-tan-tanan! No wedding jitters here!

No comments:

The Couple

My photo
Philippines
The Sweet Silent SQL DBA meets the one-of-a-kind girl of his life. A wish come true...