Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Once upon a time... How it all started

HIS Side of the Story
How the Prince Met His Princess ;-)

The wish…

and so it begins…

January of 2004, I was to start to work in Accenture Philippines. One cloudless night after the dinner, I was sitting in a garden bench just outside our house in Batangas watching at the stars, thinking of what job lies ahead in Accenture. I suddenly thought, “I wish this year, my long awaited Princess will come…” then out of nowhere, a falling star just pass across the sky. I was amazed then smiled.

The sign…

September arrived so fast, and my 22nd birthday was just around the corner. There was news that there will be new hires to join the team. All my teammates were always excited every time there will be new hire especially if it will be female. Once we got the names, we will look their profile in Friendster. One of them is Karen B. Reyes. We looked on her profile and I saw this Sarah Geronimo look-a-like on her graduation picture.

My first impression, Karen was like a usual socialite, coniotic gal. My teammate was the one asked her for date. Not me, as usual… hehehe… I am a workaholic during that time. I don’t know why, she always asked me to login for her on her PC though her teammate was seating beside her… hahaha…

Then, there was a team celebration for all the birthday celebrants for September. Asking what is the celebrant’s wish is a normal joke in the team. My teammates were always teasing me what could be my wish. They knew that I don’t have girlfriend ever since. And since there were new hires, they told me to be careful for what I wish for since it might be granted. This is also the time they asked the new hires for their “Top Three” crushes in the team. And I am one of Karen’s top three. =)

Bull’s eye…

The Green Archer stroke the Cardinal with her bows and arrows. Naks!!!

Time passes by and I got attracted to her, I am a shy type of person so most of the time I talked to her at IMs and SMSs.

There was one time, during our team lunch (We arranged our storage bins as tables). There was a mini-hotseat session, wherein Karen asked to describe me in just one-word description. She said, “Sweet” and that's how my alias as “The Sweet Silent SQL Administrator” started. Then when I was asked the same question for her, I said, “One-of-a-Kind”. We’ve been texting already by that time, so I have little idea about her. =)

The move…

One time, I asked her if I can walk along with her on her way to BPI. My alibi… I am going to Landmark so it is the same way… style!!!

Then, I became her constant companion every afternoon to BPI. I sent her Christian Bautista’s love song MP3s(which soon become our theme song.) thru IM, playing charades in YM guessing movie titles. I also asked my sister and cousins for sweet SMS quotes so that I can have a sweet good night SMS for her.

Then, I asked her for a date sometime November. We have dinner in Greenbelt and had some conversation at Greenbelt Park. I gave her a gift. She also introduced me to her Mom.

The day the wish granted…

Then fast forward -> December 23, 2004. We had dinner in a Japanese Restaurant at LKG Tower food court. After that, we went to Greenbelt Park to have our exchange gift. I gave her card and her wish list during our Christmas Party. Then that was the day She and I become "US". My wish granted. It was around 9PM. She started to call me "Sweety", and I call her "Bhy". Before we gone home, we went to Greenbelt Church, though the mass already ended, we sat for a while inside the church. Then, when her Mom arrived, she introduced me, and asked me for a ride home to Kalayaan Avenue… (Astig… kakasagot pa lang, nakisakay pa pauwi…hehehe).

Then our Christmas is very happy. Our teammates only knew about us the week after Christmas, they saw a hint in my Friendster profile, and the rest is history.

As we go along our lives together, through ups and downs, despite of very big difference of what we have in life, we still managed to go to the top of these challenges, getting even stronger. I thought, in movies, wherein the two lovers always having hard time in their relationships despite of life difference, well, we do experience them but we make sure that the our story’s chapters are always a happy ending…

No comments:

The Couple

My photo
Philippines
The Sweet Silent SQL DBA meets the one-of-a-kind girl of his life. A wish come true...