Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Once upon a time... How it all started

HER Side of the Story
How the Princess Met Her Prince ;-)

It all started in a sunny beautiful afternoon of September 27, 2004. It was around 1:00PM when I went to 26th floor GT Tower in Makati City to meet my teammates. Our teamlead introduced us to our teammates, the web team and DBA team. I then learned that I belonged to the web team. I was then asked to sit beside this quiet guy named BRYAN M. AYTONA who is part of the DBA team. He seemed snobbish to me at first and would always catch him glancing at my monitor (probably looking who was I chatting with :-P) and sometimes throws this occasional loud laugh.

On my 2nd day in the office, I kept on hearing this "wish" thing for Bryan because it was his birthday on the 28th but I thought it was nothing special (didn't know it pertained for him to have his first GF as a wish on his birthday!) At first I wasn't that much interested on him although I did find him cute but he's so snobbish and seldom gives out a smile to me!

Anyway, days passed part of me was getting curious of him... like I want to get to know him more..like theres something about him... hmmm... Never mind let go and let God. I prayed to Him that he give me a sign that he will give me the one true love I was hoping to meet. So one fine morning I woke up with an anonymous SMS - it's a quote, actually a sweet quote I must say. I immediately checked our support phone and aha! It was his number... so I decided to play along and sent him an SMS back (kinda sweet quote, too) and then that's when we he learned I knew it was him. Exchanges of IMs and sweet SMS quotes then started and I grew fonder and fonder of him as I learned more about him.

At around October, he popped me a message that made my heart jump... he asked if we could take me to my Mom's building after office (I wait for my Mom since we ride home together). So when that time came all my officemates watched us, jaws dropped as they didn't imagine that there would start an "US" since we were so opposite of each other (which I will tell in a little while). Words cannot express the joy I am feeling on that day because I know its the start of something better... of probably a love budding for us.

Now lets go to our first date which was on Greenbelt 3 Recipes restaurant. I ordered chicken teriyaki, he ordered grilled fish (natandaan pa noh!). After which I recall him say, if there was a mass at Greenbelt. I was quite shocked since it's so unusual that on a weekday a guy would want to go to mass out of a sudden. But there was no mass so we sat on a tree, he gave me a gift (teddy bear inside a mug) and he told me right there how he felt for me. I recall it wasn't love yet but its a journey to love hoping to get to know me more.

So fast forwarding everything that happened.. On December 23, 2004, it was an overtime day for us in the office. However, we managed to sneak out because we know there was something special on this day... something about the Christmas spirit :-). We went to the tree in Greenbelt Park and there we made an 'exchange gift'. My gift to him is a Smallville complete series (season 1-4 I think), which I shamelessly asked his "mother" in the "kris kringle" since I wanted to surprise him with what he wants. He also gave me what I wanted based on the kriskringle - a cream sheer blush (kikay stuff) :-). And finally, he gave me a Christmas card where it all said that he loves me and that he will wait when I am ready. I replied back "Ayaw mo ba malaman sagot ko?" Then I said "Love din kita..." with matching kilig. :-)

At first we hid it from our officemates. We want them to know it by themselves which they eventually did... the rest is history!

So thats the 'brief' summary of how our love story started and went about.

Just a short detail about me and Bryan how we are kinda opposite/common at the same time:

Me - I'm basically their connotated rich girl daw and sosyalin type but that's only for those who don't know me. Those who know me know that I am not like that and I'm more of a cowboy, romantic, makulit, clever and simple type. I like to workout, throw jokes, sarcastic remarks, and very intuitive and at times impatient but thoughtful and sweet. Oh! Also likes to do everything at fast track -- as fast as light can be!!!! But specially called by my Sweety as Bhy and the one of a kind woman in his life. :-)

Bryan - Quiet, Responsible and Simple Guy. Very loving and devoted to his family. Mr. Nerdy himself :-P but the type who will stay loyal to you. The "Boy Sigaw" of the CIO DBA... Someone who thinks first before doing an action... and he thinks it very hard. Not the type of guy whom you just met and immediately says I love you; someone so mysterious you'd like to get to know more but sometimes afraid to explore but when you do, you'll find this sweet, patient and loving guy. I call him Sweety, Chichi... and of course my Sweet Silent SQL Administrator :-)

Our common factor: We're both sweet and also loving. We view love not something out of whim, but something that grows out of knowing each other day by day. Something that you have to share with one another... and gets stronger through trials and pains. We have gone through all the storms... gone through all the levels of happiness and pain... but it has helped us a lot! We won't be where we are right now if we hadn't grown and learned. It has made us what we are as a couple now... a power couple! :-) Some might think we focus too much on each other na baka magsawa daw... but that never happens or will ever happen because theres so much to learn from each other and so much love... and to think we're almost 4 years together!

No comments:

The Couple

My photo
Philippines
The Sweet Silent SQL DBA meets the one-of-a-kind girl of his life. A wish come true...